Wednesday, February 9, 2011

[music] Sometimes it Snows in April...

and sometimes it's Hotter Than July. Baby's first album review!


1. Did I Hear You Say You Love Me - 8/10. The song is upbeat and so absolutely fun that you can't help but bob your head.

2. All I Do - 10/10. What can I say? It's a classic. A beautiful, soft ballad with lyrics to match. If you don't have this on your iPod already, you're a fool.

3. Rocket Love - 10/10. I ADORE THIS SONG. One of my favorites on the album. It's slow enough to follow up All I Do, but approaches the concept of love in a different way. A very groovy track, and the chorus is genius. Effervescently lovely.

4. I Ain't Gonna Stand For It - 9/10. It's defiant and headstrong, your go-to "angry" song, but slowly changes your mood by the end of the song.

5. As If You Read My Mind - 7/10. Love the instrumentation, it's exciting, but the lyrics are a bit brooding if you listen closely. 

6. Master Blaster (Jammin') - 10/10. My true addiction. It's upbeat, uplifting, and makes you want to dance. There's a reason people continue to talk about this song.

7. Do Like You - 10/10. A song about dancing that makes you want to dance. The way he performs the lyrics, drawing out the last word's syllable, leaves you begging for more. And the chorus! The only reason for not clapping your hands through the chorus is if you don't have any.

8. Cash In Your Face - 8/10. I'm not sure what the lyrics are to this song, but it's so genuine that I don't even care. Something about getting a job, I suppose. Ah well, the guitar gets me.

9. Lately - 10/10. Passionate and heartfelt song about losing a lover. The delivery is better than Rihanna's "Unfaithful" and Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" (though I do like Adele's performance on her song). Same concept, but better and more original. Sorry ladies! (Kidding, I'm never sorry.)

10. Happy Birthday - 8/10. The funky version to sing the tune. Better than the ho-hum original. Which reminds me...


Game....blouses. Yeah I said it!

Camille :)

No comments:

Post a Comment