Sunday, May 23, 2010

[life] I Get The Green Horn

This post will be an assortment of everything running through my brain right now. Bear with me!

FASHION: Flats are going to be "in" this summer. Whoop-de-doo. Besides the fact that I clearly don't believe in flats, here's the true kicker: the new heels for the season are going to be about an inch tall. So instead of looking like an Oompa-Loompa, you can look like one who is one inch taller. Blah about trends. Here's my point. After looking at my proposed summer wardrobe (look below if you haven't seen it), very few, if any, spring/summer 2010 trends are on there. And why? Do I have the audacity to fight against the fashions dictated to me by Seventeen? (Seventeen...fashion advice...nuff said.) Yes, actually I do. And you should too. Trends come and go, but style is eternal (adaptation of a Chanel quote). If floral prints make you look like a fool, then please save the world the prospect of an eyesore and don't wear them! Wear what makes you feel good, do what makes you happy, and fight the new normal you find in this month's Vogue.

ME: It's way to hot to only be May. Honestly? And it doesn't help that my room is basically an oven in which i cook everyday from 3-10PM. I can't take this anymore! It's times like these I'd like to move to Alaska (insert Sarah Palin joke here).

(LAUGHS) AND GIGGLES: http://www.refinery29.com/denim-disasters-the-ugliest-jeans-ever.php

QUOTE: "I'm just like anyone. I cut and I bleed. And I embarass easily" ~Michael Jackson

CONFESSION: I still do a Google search about Michael Jackson news everyday.

IN THE FUTURE: I am working with a group of girls and creating a magazine! I must admit I'm working them like dogs, mainly because I don't want some half-assed effort on a fake magazine. And especially since this is fun for me, I don't want it to be a mess. Lady Gaga is on the cover (suprised it isn't Michael? WELL TOO BAD), and we have worked really hard to make it the best one in the class (we're trying to annihilate another group...but that's enough of that) so after we work our butts off I'll be sure to upload every page I can so you can ooh and aah at it as much as I do :)

MORE FASHION: I almost forgot what I wanted to say here but congrats to me I remembered! I officially want (what's new here...) 3 pairs of Doc Martens, partly because no one in my orbit has any that I've seen, but mostly because they are some really crazy boots. I was inspired by a picture similar to the one attached below, The Clash circa whenever




FRIENDS (like you care) : I have just one thing to say in this category. I took a picture of a friend recently, telling her I'd use it for an application. Turns out, I couldn't (didn't have the time to go to Kinko's/print a copy) so I will do the picture justice by posting it here. Unless, of course, she'd want me to take it down (which I don't know why she would because blogs aren't so different from Facebook, but still)



IN CLOSING:
Ode to the Button Downs-
Worker's tee shirt, you're the best
the end.

(fabulous poem, yes, I know)

Ok it's late, I'm tired, and should really be done. Sweet dreams, internet-creatures!

No comments:

Post a Comment