Monday, May 3, 2010

[me] What Do You Want In Life?

I really wish school would leave me alone...

In other news, if you haven't noticed, I'm still trying to gain my footing in the style and genre of this blog. If you've been reading and feel bombarded by a plethora of information, I completely understand how you feel. For those who need an explanation about it, here you go:

I made this blog to explore a career opportunity. That's about 50% of it. I also made it because I write a lot anyway, but I wanted to apply this candid and honest approach to a different type of writing. I made this to take initiative and control of my life, and to let out what I've always wanted to say to the world (but couldn't find the words). Well, I've found them. And yes, I do plan to talk more about fashion, but I need to talk about my life too, to clear my head. I'm actually not the most chatty person at heart, although I can fake it. I feel that by letting out how I feel into cyberspace, I can better explain it to my parents and friends. And I've realized that I need to open these lines of communication more, because as much as I try to fight it, I don't want to be alone in a crowd.

Alright. Well, I told you that I write so I suppose the only fair thing to do would be to show you some of it. Unfortunately, the joke's on you, because you can't count on life to be fair (you expected that didn't you?) Since I'm clearly too timid to give you a window into my soul just yet, I'll hand you the window to someone else's (I won't dash your hopes by stating the author :) )


The Elusive Shadow-
"Even tho I traveled far
The door to my soul stayed ajar
In the agony of mortal fear
Your music I did not hear
Thru twisting roads in memory lane
I bore my cross in pain

It was a journey of madness
Of anguish born in sadness
I wandered high and low
Recoiled form every blow
Looking for that stolen nectar
In my heart that long-lost scepter
In all those haunted faces
I searched for my oasis

In a way it was in a drunken craze
A cruel hysteria, a blurry haze
Many a time I tried to break
This shadow following me I could not shake
Many a time in the noisy crowd
In the hustle and bustle of the din so loud
I peered behind to see its trace
I could not lose it in any place

It was only when I broke all ties
After the stillness of the shrieking cries
In the depths of those heaving sighs
The imagined sorrow of the thousand lies
I suddenly stared in your fiery eyes
All at once I found my goal
The elusive shadow was my soul."
~Michael Jackson: Dancing the Dream

Whenever I feel lost, I think of this. You should too.

No comments:

Post a Comment