Monday, May 24, 2010

[fashion] Love, Love, LOVE!

If you can't already tell, I am IN LOVE with Teen Vogue, especially their articles. I feel like every month, they tackle a big and prominent issue among teen girls (and boys too) and give me a new perspective on it. Last month (April 2010), they wrote the article "Ego Trip" about how Facebook creates a sense of narcissism ever-present in my generation. Off the bat, I could think of 50 names that related to, me included. It made me want to change my activities on there because honestly, who really cares about what I had for breakfast or who I got mad at during lunch? So now to this issue. The story here is called "Burn Notice", and it explains the many dangers of tanning. Despite my chocolate complexion, I don't understand what is so appealing about getting a tan. Not only does this article confirm what I already knew to be true about this devastating act called tanning, but it gives me ammunition to fight the monster that is tanning until I see its destruction. And I've only read the first paragraph!  Ah well, to all you Teen Vogue subscribers (which should be everyone subscribed to Seventeen and then some), happy reading! Until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment