Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Countdown: 1980s

I've got to be honest, I've been putting off these "Decade Countdown" segments for one sole reason, they take SO MUCH TIME. I love to go back to different times and explore the fashions but they are truly draining. So I'm going to modify the way I do them from now on. Dig?

Favorite Outfit of the Decade-

MJ returns! Thought I forgot about him, eh? Well, the jokes on you because I don't forget anything! Of all his sparkly jackets, this has to be my favorite.

In terms of mass fashion, I loved the big hair, it was fun! I also loved the colors (but NOT the color combinations...need I say more?). I definitely hated the jogging suits of the hip-hop crowd and all the bangles were just a mess. Oh, and I hate everything Madonna wore. Clearly, I don't follow the crowd there.



I like that this wasn't the common look of the 80s. But hey, it's VOGUE.



Phew, that wasn't so bad/good/comprehensive! Hopefully the 70s will be coming in the near future.

Tra la la :)
Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment