Thursday, June 24, 2010

[fashion] You Made Me Ink!

"Do you put a bumper sticker on a Bentley?"

That's is the gist of what I'm wondering. To tattoo or not to tattoo. I've heard quite a bit about how it inhibits you from getting office jobs, how it's just SO permament and your body is a temple blah blah blah. I'm trying to explore the truth to that. Models, for instance. Do I think that being a model with tattoos keeps you from getting work? Absolutely! In most cases, models need to be blank canvases. And no matter how important you think that butterfly on your shoulder blade is, is it really worth money? The money you could be making by a) switching to Geico and b) being tattoo free? I highly doubt it. And for office jobs, you're better off wearing a t-shirt and jeans to work than coming in with sleeve tattoos or one on your face or neck. In the scheme of things, if you absolutely must have a tattoo on your body, make it something inconspicuous and small. And don't put it on a visible part of your body, if you can't cover it with makeup or bracelets. Unless your name is Angelina Jolie, I doubt anyone will think you're classy or take you seriously if you don't look 100% professional. Because in this economy, there's too much competition for you to slip up like that. Holy crap, I sound like my mother. I guess she was right after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment