Tuesday, May 10, 2011

[fashion] The Pinnacle

"Style...is like a second cousin to class." ~ O(+>


Some people go to bed at night and dream about sex. I dream about handbags! One day (soon), I'll be able to post fantastic pictures of these bags as I carry them out of the store, but for now, I'll rely on the pictures of others. Here's the most comprehensive list I can drum up before an AP test in the morning. These are: Classic Handbags---

1. Louis Vuitton Speedy 35 Damier

It would practically be a sin to make a classic handbag list and not mention the LV Speedy. To be honest, I much rather prefer the Damier print to the Classic Monogram, it's infinitely more chic and reads less like a billboard. It comes in brown and white, and retails around $700. Money well spent, if ever you could.

2. Hermes Birkin 

So chic, it's actually painful. This bag comes in a large assortment of colors and materials, so pick to suit your lifestyle. I'd probably end up getting it in a light gray, if not forest green. Unless you've got the cash flow for one in every color (and when a bag retails at $9000+, that excludes quite a few of us), I suggest getting it in a neutral (but NOT black or white...too boring!)

3. Balenciaga City

I love the City bag. Love love love love love it. This is the bag, of every bag on my list, that would be the most versatile in my wardrobe. I've had my eye on this bag for years, and have seen  my share of colors come and go. I'm pretty certain that my life changed forever when I caught a glimpse of this bag in a shimmery brown (pictures above--fantastic isn't it?) though, so that would be the first color to snag. Retailing at around $1200, I'd be saving my pennies for quite some time :)

4. Chanel 2.55

Retailing around $1500, this list wouldn't be complete without at least a nod. This bag will take you from a dressy afternoon to an evening gown with no trouble at all. I love Chanel and the things the brand stands for (Coco was darling, but Lagerfeld is impeccable), and I'd get this bag in every color imaginable, but I'd be wild and start off with orange.

5. Prada Vitello Daino

You've got options with this tote! Often, I don't like Prada, I usually find it gaudy, but this bag is classy and understated (not unlike Coach used to be). To keep it interesting, I'd get the bag in the electric blue pictured above. But at a whopping $1000 to $1700 (notice how the price of this bag is "whopping" but the Birkin's prince was not? Didja notice that? Me neither.), this bag wouldn't be my first choice.

6. Chloe Marcie Hobo

This one also might be a little more obscure, but you've got to admit that the shape and detailing are timeless. Chloe is one of those brands that stands for the ultimate mixture of feminine chic. I love this bag because I know I could wear it with any and everything in my closet. I'd get it in burgundy, just to be different. With the price standing around $1600, it's one of the bags I'd keep for a lifetime. 

7. Yves Saint Laurent Muse Tote

Who wouldn't want to have a muse? I cannot resist  a structured bag, even at $1200 to $1700. The leather and colors have me absolutely hooked. The only thing I'd love more than a bright red Muse, are some bright red Tributes. Two snaps for that!

8. Bottega Veneta Woven Hobo

I'm pretty fond of hobos, in case you couldn't tell. Coincidence? I think not. Bottega Veneta is a brand my mother hipped me to, and they've got some pretty atypical handbag options. This specific style retails for $1900, give or take, and if you ask me, I'd prefer to think pink.

9. Patent Lady Dior 

Mommy has this bag! It is so unreasonably fabulous, I can't stand it. For those who will recognize it, those keychains on the side of the bag spell Dior.  Though the bag is small, it packs quite a punch.  This bag also comes in many colors, and retails at a lovely $2700. I love it in every color, but since Mom already has tan :) so I'd get this one in white.

10. MARC by Marc Jacobs Nylon Tate

This the bag made for when the Diva in you needs her beauty sleep. When you have a hectic schedule and need to get down and dirty and have $178 (by far, the most inexpensive bag on the list!), this is the bag for you. Also, there is an unspoken age limit on these bags, so when you hit 25, you need to put this to bed. Luckily for me, I've got a couple more years left, so hoot hoot for me! Any color is fun, as long as it goes with your outfit.

Just think of me as your fashion beacon :)
Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment