Tuesday, May 3, 2011

[me] Life Is Nice, Except When It's Naughty

England was a trip. Literally. I had THE MOST fabulous time on a trip that I've had in a long, long while. I can't even explain to you how much I adore Topshop now. Everytime I head up to New York, that's a must.
I also sped through Scotland, and was fortunate enough to wander around the city of Edinburg (Edinborough?) alone for 6 hours. This might sound like torture for some, but for me, it was amazing. I walked around for hours in the rain (only sucky part about this), found my way to Topshop, and bought some fabulous clothes. This is what will happen when I wear them tomorrow:
"Camille! Those [shoes, pants, shorts] are so cute!!! Where'd you get them?"
"Oh, these old things? I found these at a cute shop in Scotland."


SCOTLAND. I absolutely love the way that sounds. So unattainable, so beyond their reach. Haha, that's a bit cruel. But it's true.

I looked so tourist-y, but I took this shot with pride.

Hadrian's wall, on the very edge of England.

A "street performer" on Prince's * Street in Scotland. His face was alarmingly blue when he got up to take a break.

Walking got exhausting, so I sat down in an alley for 2 hours to people watch. Everyone was smoking but me, so when a person took a drag on their cigarette, I huffed. (It was cold enough to see your own breath). I will not be outdone.


I will end on this positive note before I start talking about how inappropriate it is for Americans to celebrate the death of anyone, no matter how cruel they were.

I adore England, and will be returning in the next few years. Until then, I have the photos :)

Camille


* You already know :)


No comments:

Post a Comment